I enjoyed working with new classmates, Jessica and Lisa, during Session #7. I was comforted by the fact that when we were first shown the force field analysis example, I was completely lost on how to interpret and so were they! I've realized that I truly struggle with graphs and charts, therefore it's something I want to become better at. It seems like such a waste of information when I cannot simply interpret what is before me. That being said, we developed a force field analysis for the implementation of RTI in her elementary school's building. Lisa was explaining her experiences with staff as they were forced to get to know this program, and it reminded me of the way my colleagues reacted to the implementation of new teacher websites that we just went through a few weeks ago.
First, there are those of us like me who are eager to play around with the program, and enjoy learning about it. Then, there are those who automatically look at the negative effects this sort of program will have on us as teachers- more requirements, more ways for parents to hover over us, etc. Also in that span of colleagues, there are those who are scared of the new program because of technology deficiencies or negative connotations with teacher websites. I realized that we reached a sort of equilibrium as our training was given, giving us clear expectations for the site and easy directions on how to use it. I'm not sure that my example is as well-developed as what Lisa shared and our group documented, but I do think the analysis activity has made me think more critically about the negative forces working with positive forces in the workplace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment