In addition to writing posts that are designed based on each week's class questions, I also want to start my autobiography as a teacher and student. Therefore, for every class appointed post that I write, I will try to write an entry that addresses a more personal aspect, or story, of my life as a student and teacher. Eventually, these posts should compliment each other and fuel my growth in the journaling process.
* Describe myself as a teacher. What would an average student describe me as? *
I believe I am...
Funny
Energetic
Strict
Tough
Challenging
Passionate
Friendly
Approachable
I think students see me as...
Quirky
Super strict
Difficult
Hard grader
Nice
Passionate
Helpful
My reflections:
I worry that I may not come across as approachable as I'd like students to view me as due to my high standards. I have heard some students mutter things like, "She wants me to fail," after a particularly challenging class. Although this may be her way of coping with a challenge, it concerns me that this thought would truly cross a student's mind. I hope that students see from the way that I conduct myself in class that I truly do care about them as individuals, and therefore naturally want to see them succeed. I think I need to tell them this more, in order to balance my obviously high standards of excellence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment