September 15, 2009

In Class: Research Interests

I would really like to look at generational differences and how this affects student learning.  I have noticed many common attitudes and belief systems that seem completely different from 20, even ten, years ago.  I'm not sure if this is an appropriate research topic, being that it would mean encompassing research from years beyond my direct experiences, but I feel it would absolutely provide me with vital information about my students and how they learn.
I am also interested in learning more about how to get students to read critically, and think holistically about a text, instead of just a summary of events.  I struggle with some of the results I've gotten on assessments that I do not think are a complete waste, yet some students may challenge that.  I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd like to study reading strategies for high achieving students, and how to help them to do better, and not just read as a means to an end. 
Possible research Qs:
  • Will double entry journals increase critical reading skills?
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment